Thursday, January 12, 2006

Acceptance

yesterday I came to an important conclusion: I really accept the person that I have become...

I dont care any more if I didnt become what I always longed to be, or that I am no longer the person i used to be.

I dont care that i didnt accomplish all the things I wanted to accomplish, that I didnt become a world-renowned scholar, or that I have not written poetry, novels or books....

I DONT CARE

and further more I cannot relate anymore to the person I used to be, I can never become me again at 16 or 17 or 18..

I stopped crying for things I have lost, for things I have not had, on people who betrayed me. I have had well beyond my share of crying.

I have spent all of my life either thinking of what I should become in the future, or what I used to be in the past, or what I could have been...I have never thought of the present, for the first time, I am not thinking of the past or the future.. I DONT CARE

for the first time in my life, I am glad of what I have become, I am happy where I am.. and I dont care...

I came to an important realization : we spend our entire lifetime trying to know ourselves, and that's because of something important..we are never the same person throughout our lives....

I am tired of crying, I am tired of feeling helpless, I am tired of despair, and I am tired of depression... I am tired of trying to become something else other than myself.

No comments: